Professor of Economic History
Joint Chair RSCAS/Department of History and Civilization
Tel. [+39] 055 4685 760 / 572 / 739 / 362
Fax [+39] 055 4685 203
Administrative Assistant at HEC: Fabrizio Borchi - Administrative Assistant at RSCAS: Francesca Elia
Postal address: Department of History and Civilization | Via Boccaccio 121 | 50133 Florence - Italy
Villa Schifanoia - Office VS 49/San Domenico - Office SD 26 - For appointments please contact: Fabrizio Borchi (HEC) or Francesca Elia (RSCAS)
Fields of Research
- Economic History
- Business History
- Financial History
- European Comparative History
Current Research Projects
- The Performance of European Business in the Twentieth Century
- Financial Crises and the Shaping of Modern Finance, from the Late 19th Century to the Present
- A Comparative History of Britain and France since 1945
Selected Recent Publications
- Crises and Opportunities, 1890-2010: The Shaping of Modern Finance, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2011, 200pp.
- Capitals of Capital. The Rise and Fall of International Financial Centres 1780-2009, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- with Philip L. Cottrell (eds.), The World of Private Banking, Farnham, Ashgate, 2009, 302 pp.