Former Professor of European Union Law
European University Institute
Villa Schifanoia, Office CA 19
Via Boccaccio 121
50133 Firenze - Italy
Tel. [+39] 055 4685 728 / 275
Fax [+39] 055 4685 200
Administrative Assistant Annick Bulckaen
Working Languages: French, English, Italian
Detailed CV and Bibliography
Loïc Azoulai holds the chair of European Law at the European University Institute. He is codirector of the Academy of European Law and of the Centre for Judicial Cooperation both hosted at the European University Institute.
He is on leave from University of Panthéon-Assas Paris II where he is a Professor of Public Law. From 2003 to 2006, he was legal secretary at the European Court of Justice working with Advocate General Poiares Maduro.
He is a member of the Boards of different law journals among which Common Market Law Review, Revue trimestrielle de droit européen, European Journal of Legal studies (EJLS).
Supervision in European Union Law: EU constitutional law, EU internal market law, EU citizenship law, immigration law, EU fundamental rights, EU policies law, EU law and legal theory.
List of supervisees:
- Camille Aynès (PhD, admitted in 2009)
- Lena Boucon (PhD, admitted in 2009)
- Stephen Coutts (PhD, admitted in 2010)
- Spyridon Drosos (PhD, admitted in 2009)
- Anton Ricardo Garcia (PhD, admitted in 2010)
- Emily Hancox (LLM awarded in 2011/2012)
- Edwina Jaeger (PhD, admitted in 2012)
- Malte Kroeger (LLM, admitted in 2012)
- Maria Luisa Lourenço (Phd, admitted in 2011)
- Frank McNamara (PhD, admitted in 2011)
- Teodora Petrova (LLM, admitted in 2012)
- Benedita Queiroz (PhD, admitted in 2011)
- Vincent Reveillère (PhD, admitted in 2011)