Chair holder: Ramon Marimon
The Robert Schuman Centre hosts the Pierre Werner Chair Programme on Monetary Union, named in memory of Pierre Werner, one of the architects of economic and monetary union, and generously funded by the Luxembourg Government.
The principal focus of the programme is economic policy and the political economy of European monetary integration. The programme aims at identifying policy priorities consistent with the new European economic constitution, as well as the factors that can foster economic growth and prosperity in a stable macroeconomic environment at both regional and global level.
The members of the Advisory Board of the Programme are:
- Economic governance in the European Union
- Enlargement of the European Union and the adaptations implied both for the arrangements for economic and monetary union and for the future member states
- The economic and political requirements and consequences of a revised Stability and Growth Pact
- Public finance issues in the context of EMU
- The growth and development of European financial institutions
- The regulation and operations of financial markets in the European Union
- The design of monetary stabilization policies, goals and instruments - with a comparative analysis of the experience of the European Central Bank, the US Federal Reserve system
- The economic and institutional consequences of the Euro in the world monetary system.
Banking & Finance Today
Listen to Fabio Canova on how to study economic processes.
- Allen Franklin, Carletti Elena and Gray Joanna: Bearing the Losses from Bank and Souvereign Default in the Eurozone edited volume, with FIC Press, Wharton Financial Institutions Center, 2014
- Allen Franklin, Carletti Elena and Gray Joanna: "Political, Fiscal and Banking Union in The Eurozone?", edited volume, with FIC Press, Wharton Financial Institutions Center, 2013
- Bridging DSGE Models and the Raw Data, Fabio Canova, "Journal of Monetary Economics" (Forthcoming in 2014)
- A General Algorithm for Estimating Structural VARs, Fabio Canova and F. Perez-Forero, "Quantitative Economics" (Forthcoming in 2014)
- The effects of the monetary policy stance on the transmission mechanism, Massimiliano Marcellino with Ana Galvao, "Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics" (Forthcoming in 2014)
- Forecasting with Factor Augmented Error Correction Models, Massimiliano Marcellino, Anindya Banerjee and Igor Masten, "International Journal of Forecasting"(Forthcoming in 2014)
- After Brexit: What next for the EMU, UK and the EU?
Online Seminar, 1 July 2016 12-13 p.m. CEST
- Conference in Honour of Mike Artis, Florence, 17 June 2016
- Workshop: EUI-nomics 2016: Debating the Economic Conditions in the Euro Area and Beyond organised by Massimiliano Marcellino. Florence, 29 April 2016
- Workshop:EUI-nomics 2015: Debating the Economic Conditions in the Euro Area and Beyond organised by Massimiliano Marcellino. Florence, 24 April 2015
- Conference: The New Financial Architecture in the Eurozone organised by Franklin Allen (Brevan Howard Centre, Imperial College, and University of Pennsylvania), Elena Carletti (Bocconi University and European University Institute) and Joanna Gray (Birmingham University, Law School) on 23 April 2015
- Workshop: Time Varying Coefficient Models for the Study of Monetary Policy organised by Fabio Canova.
Florence, 17 April 2015