G-SOEP - German Socio-Economic Panel (DIW Berlin)
The German Socio-Economic Panel (G-SOEP) is a longitudinal survey of approximately 11,000 private households in the Federal Republic of Germany from 1984 to 2013 (release June 2015), and eastern German länder from 1990 to 2013. G-SOEP is produced by DIW Berlin. Variables include household composition, employment, occupations, earnings, health and satisfaction indicators.
Please read, and abide by, the terms and conditions of use for licensed data resources.
- The second (revised) release of G-SOEP Wave 30 was released in June 2015 and is available on the EUI Library restricted server.
- SOEPlong is also available on the restricted server.
- G-SOEP coverage is from 1984 to 2013.
DIW Berlin provides detailed information about G-SOEP methodology and variables in German and English.
Updates about the survey, international workshops, related literature and funding opportunities are published in the G-SOEP newsletter.
Research papers based on G-SOEP data are listed on this DIW page.
Current EUI members can access G-SOEP data as follows:
- Complete the online Data Registration Form (selecting 'G-SOEP' in the dropdown menu)
- Sign the EUI 'Conditions of Use' agreement and the 'Confidentiality Declaration' at the Badia Library Economics Office (085) or the Economics Department information desk (VSP)
- EUI members who wish to use the data should send a project title and the name of their supervisor (where applicable) to email@example.com
- Following registration, users will be given access to the restricted server and provided with a password
Selected indicators are also available for download via SOEPmonitor.
PanelWhiz is a collection of G-SOEP-compatible Stata/SE® add-on scripts, developed by John Haisken-DeNew (Essen).
Restricted geo-coded regional-level data can be consulted on the DIW premises in Berlin.
Contact: Thomas Bourke at firstname.lastname@example.org