International Trade Centre data
- International Trade Centre data on global trade, market access, foreign direct investment and economic standards are provided by the ITC (Geneva) - a joint agency of UNCTAD and the WTO.
ITC databases are accessible under the ITC development research network license. To access, It is necessary to create an account. Full instructions are below.
ITC describes the four main online resources as follows:
- Trade Map is an online tool with monthly, quarterly and yearly international trade data combined with statistical indicators and information on trading companies which helps prioritise export and import markets.
- Market Access Map is a tool for analysing market access conditions worldwide, including applied and bound tariff rates, trade agreements (rules of origin and tariff preferences), export-import statistics and non-tariff measures.
- Investment Map provides the sectoral breakdown of foreign direct investment (FDI), trade, market access and foreign affiliates information to support strategies of investment attraction and targeting.
- Standards Map tool to analyse and compare voluntary standards promoting sustainable development applied to the production and trade of goods and services.
Start dates vary; most series run from 2000 to 2016.
Details of each of the four main tools and series are at these links:
Use an eui.eu mail account to register at this ITC link.
An email containing instructions on how to activate the account will be sent from the ITC. If this is not received, check the spam folder and - if not there - send an email to email@example.com
Click on the link in the ITC e-mail and complete the registration by creating a password. Login username is the patron's eui.eu address.
Related trade and industrial data resources
Contact: Thomas Bourke at firstname.lastname@example.org