The mission of the Budget and Financial Service is to assist the Principal and the Secretary-General in the financial administration of the EUI, actively supporting the academic community in achieving its institutional goals in terms of teaching and research, as laid down in the Convention.
The main tasks of the Service are:
- to secure from High Council and the Budget Committee the resources needed to implement EUI activities
- to co-ordinate budget expenditure and good functioning of the annual budgetary procedure
- to contribute, through advice and training, to sound financial management in all EUI units
- to ensure the calculation and payment of individual rights of active and post-active staff
- to deal with the financial management of internally/externally-funded research activities and fund-raising