Visitors to the Institute for less than a week and/or external participants to conferences, events and summer schools, are considered as guests and as such do not qualify for a personal EUI computing account.
Should this be your case, a Guest Account with the following features can/will be arranged for you:
A Guest Account:
- Is valid for 2 days or for the duration of the conference/event/summer school you are attending to
- Allows for network access via EUI-Guest wireless network
- Can be used on a maximim of two devices at the same time (e.g. a smartphone and a laptop)
- Allows for web-browsing via HTTP and HTTPS only
A Guest Account Does NOT Allow:
- For your institution's VPN access
- For the use of your email client (use your webmail instead)
- Access to the public computers such as in the Computer Rooms
- For any other service available to an EUI computing account holder
If, however, you need to access a broader range of network resources, please contact your hosting Department, Programme, Centre, Project or Service beforehand to verify if you qualify for a Short-term Visitor status.
Guest accounts can be issued by the:
Furthermore, participants to Conferences, Events and Summer Schools as well as their organizers, can find useful information and guidelines about WiFi access at the following page: WiFi Access for Conference Participants.