Workshop “A definition of pluralism in the media sector. Comparing the results of the European projects with an interdisciplinary approach”.
The Centre for Media Pluralism and Media Freedom at the European University Institute is organizing a two-days workshop in Florence (27/28 April 2012) focusing on the methodological aspects and the results of the project led around the topic of media pluralism.
The workshop will put face to face the most important recent or on going studies and researches on the items of media pluralism and media freedom, seen under different points of view: independence, democracy, transparency. It will be an occasion to assess the latest outcomes and to discuss their practical applications. The workshop will bring together approximately 30 participants.
In particular, the workshop will feature, among the others, the following studies:
- Independent Study on Indicators for Media Pluralism in the member States
- Indicators for independence and efficient functioning of audiovisual media services regulatory bodies (INDIREG)
- European Media Policies Revisited: Valuing & Reclaiming Free and Independent Media in Contemporary Democratic Systems (MEDIADEM)
- Media and Democracy in Central and Eastern Europe (MDCEE)
- Media For Diversity And Migrant Integration (MEDIVA)
- Media Accountability and Transparency in Europe (Mediact)
- MEDIAMON(itoring) in Flanders
- Regulation of Market Power in a Converged and Connected Audiovisual Media Sector
Detailed programme ( download pdf )