Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction
1. Philip Alston, The 'Not-a-Cat' Syndrome: Can the International Human Rights Regime Accommodate Non-State Actors?
2. August Reinisch, The Changing International Legal Framework for Dealing with Non-State Actors
Part II: Non-Governmental Organizations and International Organizations as Non-State Actors
3. Menno T. Kamminga, The Evolving Status of NGOs under International Law: A Threat to the Inter-State System?
4. François Gianviti, Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights and the International Monetary Fund
Part III: Corporations
5. Celia Wells and Juanita Elias, Catching the Conscience of the King: Corporate Players on the International Stage
6. Ralph Steinhardt, Corporate Responsibility and the International Law of Human Rights: The New
7. Olivier de Schutter, The Accountability of Multinationals for Human Rights Violations in European Law
8. David Weissbrodt and Muria Kruger, Human Rights Responsibilities of Businesses as Non-State Actors
Mary Rumsey, Bibliography on Non-State Actors in International Law