The Relex Working Group is a researcher-run group, intended to bring together researchers of all disciplines interested in EU External Relations.
The group meets regularly once a month to discuss topics covering the following areas:
- The EU as a Foreign Security and Defence Policy Actor
- The EU’s Role in the World
- The EU as an exporter of norms
- EU Actors and Institutions shaping European External Action
- The Role of Member States in the EU’s Foreign, Security and Defence Policy
- The Role of the European Court of Justice in External Relations
- The Post-Lisbon Common Commercial Policy
We strongly encourage our members to present and discuss their research in the working group which, as an informal forum, provides a friendly atmosphere to receive comments, suggestions and opinions on your subject and methodology.
We also invite visiting scholars and external speakers to participate in the working group sessions, present their work and exchange views with resident working group members. In addition, the working group also organises workshops, seminars and conferences in the area of EU External Relations.
Throughout the year, we would like our members to create a mutually supportive network and we strongly encourage participants to attend on a regular basis to create a cohesive group and provide continuity to discussions.