The Legal and Political Theory Working Group was founded in 2002 when a few researchers met to discuss their papers. Its aim is to provide both established academics and PhD researchers an opportunity to discuss and improve their theoretically-oriented work within a friendly yet academically rigorous setting. A typical session lasts two hours and consists of a short (20/30 minute) presentation by the speaker followed by discussion.
One of the working group’s most cherished traits is its openness; we are proud to have been the hub of theoretically-minded people at the EUI for so many years and to have successfully bridged the cleavages between EUI’s departments and academic traditions. Hence, if your work deals with any strand of legal or political theory, or simply think that your research will benefit from theoretical insights, do get in touch at [email protected]
The current conveners of the working group are Agata Poznańska (Law), Lukas Schmid (SPS) and Rouven Symank (SPS).
The group is grateful for the support of Prof. Martijn Hesselink and Prof. Jeffrey Checkel.
Coordinators of the working group:
- 2020-2021: Agata Poznanska, Lukas Schmid and Rouven Symank
- 2019-2020: Szymon Osmola, Pavel Skigin and Bob Roth
- 2018-2019: Eleonora Milazzo and Szymon Osmola
- 2017-2018: Marcin Barański and Eleonora Milazzo
- 2016-2017: Sofie Møller and Rutger Birnie
- 2015-2016: Sofie Møller, Rutger Birnie and Bouke de Vries
- 2014-2015: Sofie Møller and Bouke de Vries
- 2013-2014: Alexis Galan and Bosko Tripkovic
- 2012-2013: Alexis Galan and Jacobien Van Dorp
- 2011-2012: Bosko Tripkovic and Vesko Paskalev