Posted on 04 July 2012
Prof. Pepper Culpepper has been awarded the XVIIth Stein Rokkan Prize for his book "Quiet Politics and Business Power - Corporate Control in Europe and Japan" by the International Social Science Council (ISSC). The prize will be presented to him at the next World Social Science Forum in Montréal, Canada, on 13-15 October 2013.
The Stein Rokkan Prize has previously been awarded as follows:
- 2004 Italy/Switzerland Daniele Caramani The Nationalization of Politics. The Formation of National Electorates and Party Systems in Western Europe
- 2000 Spain Eva Anduiza-Perea Individual and Systemic Determinants of Electoral Abstention in Western Europe
- 1996 The Netherlands Kees van Kersbergen Social Capitalism: A Study of Christian Democracy and the Welfare State
- 1990 Italy and The Netherlands Stefano Bartolini and Peter Mair Identity: Competition and Electoral Availability: The Stabilisation of European Electorates, 1885-1985
- 1983 Germany Jens Alber Vom Armenhaus zum Wohlfahrtsstaat – Analysen zur Entwicklung der Sozialversicherung in Westeuropa (From the Poor House to the Welfare State – Analysis of the Development of Social Insurance in Western Europe) and for his article: “Einige Grundlagen und Begleiterscheinungen der Entwicklung der Sozialausgaben in Westeuropa, 1949-1977″ (Some Causes and Consequences of Social Security Expenditure Development in Western Europe, 1949-1977)