Workshop with the Authors: “Human Rights and Conflict Resolution” (Collected Courses of the AEL) (LAW-DS-WORAUT-21)
||LAW Intensive Seminar - 3 credits
||3 (EUI Law credits)
| Course materials
12/05/2022 9:00-17:00 @ Sala del Consiglio, Villa Salviati
13/05/2022 9:00-17:00 @ Sala del Consiglio, Villa Salviati
The 2021 Academy of European Law summer course on Human Rights Law focused on human rights and conflict resolution. The workshop brings together EUI researchers with the five prominent lecturers who taught the specialised courses. These lecturers will be preparing chapters for the edited collection (to be included in the Collected Courses of the Academy of European Law series, published by OUP).
EUI researchers will be given an opportunity to act as discussants, thus enhancing their skills in critical and constructive engagement with texts and public speaking.
The topics to be explored in the volume include: the epistemology of the international law of targeting; legal humanitarianism; compliance theory; Israel / Palestine refugee histories; amnesties in Somalia.
Register for this course
- Ioannis Kalpouzos, Visiting Assistant Professor, Boston University, School of Law
- Sara Kendall, Senior Lecturer in International Law, University of Kent
- Itamar Mann, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Haifa
- Orly Stern, Independent Consultant; Visiting Fellow of Practice, Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University
- Elizabeth Stubbins Bates, Junior Research Fellow, Merton College, University of Oxford
Page last updated on 21 September 2018