In the framework of the Barcelona GSE Summer Forum, the workshop on "A Dynamic Economic and Monetary Union" will take place on June 16-17, 2021 in Barcelona (or online, if an in-person event is not possible). The workshop is sponsored by the Pierre Werner Chair of the European University Institute (EUI) and the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) and it aims at covering theoretical and applied research on financial, fiscal and monetary policies (and institutions) that can strengthen the euro area, as well as other economies, as to make them more resilient to financial, economic and social crises.
Specific objectives include, but are not restricted to:
- recovering from a severe (Covid) crisis: rethinking growth and stabilization policies.
- the sovereign debt legacy and its sustainability.
- rules and institutional mechanisms for controlling macroeconomic and financial weaknesses and imbalances.
- the challenges of the digital post-Covid economy.
- the inequality legacy and fiscal and monetary policies in heterogeneous societies and unions.
- the international monetary and financial system after Covid.
The deadline for the submission of papers is March 14, 2021 and papers should be submitted using this form.