When a book cannot be found on shelf, users should place a hold directly on the Library Catalogue. External users, however, may fill the Monograph Search Request Form.
Periodicals or working papers that cannot be found should be requested via the Periodical or Working Paper Search Request Forms.
Search requests are processed once a day as follows:
- Initial check for accuracy against the library catalogue
- 1st shelf check (within one working day of the request)
- 2nd shelf check (within two working days of the request)
- Registered as 'missing' if not found (within five working days of the request)
- Copy passed to the reader who may then ask for an interlibrary loan
- Copy passed to the appropriate Information Specialist who will decide whether the missing item must be repurchased