Accessing Citations of Books and Book Reviews
Which are the online reference materials used to access Citations of Books and Book Reviews and why using them ?
Wednesday 23rd of January 2008,
Sala Triaria, Villa Schifanoia
Why searching in citations for books (and journal articles)
- for widening a topical bibliography
- online bibliographical/full-text databases integrate often book reviews
- Online reference tools to search in citations:
Thomson Scientific ISI Web of Knowledge
with Art and Humanities Citations Index
(1990-) and Social Science Citations Index (1990-).
Which online references tools provides book reviews ?
- A specific reference tool for accessing Book Reviews is IBR – Internationale Bibliographie der Buchrezensionen . "IBR contains over 990.753 entries about book reviews from the years 1985-. The database is international and interdisciplinary, the reviews have been published in approx. 6.219 academic journals mainly in the Humanities and Social Sciences." How to use IBR ?
- JSTOR (Journal Storage) and also PAO, (Periodicals Archive Online) includes book reviews published in academic Journals.
- Specialized discussion’s lists like H-Review H-Net Book Reviews and advanced search
How could I store my book reviews ?
- Creating a word file, a pdf file, a web document....
- Using Bibliographic software’s like EndNote or Scribe or RefWorks etc.
- Using Zotero (See Atelier Multimédia presentation of Zotero)
- Using qualitative research tools like Atlas-ti, the qualitative data software