#FlorenceLive: Conversations Beyond The State
After the success of the first edition of #FlorenceLive, launched in May 2020, the webcast series enters its second round: #FlorenceLive - Conversations Beyond the State will host conversations and interviews with academics and high-level policy-makers on the world today, with a focus on policy issues that cross borders.
All events will be live-streamed on the School's website and Youtube channel, no registration is required. To participate in the discussion, please join us live and post your comments and questions on Youtube in the comment feed below the video.
(Re-)watch our latest #FlorenceLive conversation on 'Europe’s Covid crisis response: what have we learned from the financial crisis?'
The Covid-19 crisis has hit European countries hard, but has also elicited an innovative policy response at EU level, breaking in many ways with previous practice in terms of both tools and institutional arrangements. This #FlorenceLive edition addressed the following questions:
- Does the policy response simply reflect the different nature of the crisis at hand? To what extent does it also incorporate lessons learned from the financial crisis?
- Is it appropriate and adequate for the problems the EU is facing?
- Will it fundamentally change EU economic governance?
- Marco Buti (Head of Cabinet of Commissioner Paolo Gentiloni at the European Commission)
- Brigid Laffan (Director of the Robert Schuman Centre, EUI)
- Adam Posen (President of the Peterson Institute for International Economics)
George Papaconstantinou (Professor of International Political Economy at the School of Transnational Governance and Director of the School's Executive Education)