Traineeships in the ICT Service
The ICT Service offers a fixed number of traineeships to placement students of the School of Management of the Cardiff Metropolitan University and the School of Computing of the University of Huddersfield. To apply, please contact the relevant placement unit / work placements office of said institutions.
A limited number of positions outside of the above agreements may be made available as well. To apply, please use the online form making sure to select ICT Service from the tickbox.
- fulfill the Conditions of Eligibility as laid down in President's Decision No. 39 of 27 August 2013
- excellent IT skills (excellent knowledge of the Micorsoft Office suite is an asset)
- excellent communication skills
- ability to work as part of a multinational and multidisciplinary team in an international environment
- excellent knowledge of English (minimum B2/C1 Level); knowledge of a second EU language would be an advantage (taking into account that English, French and Italian are the main working languages at the Institute)
Type and Duration
- non-remunerated traineeship for a period up to a maximum of 3 months, OR
- remunerated traineeship for a period of a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months, the first three months of which constitute a trial period.
Grant, Benefits and Insurance
- Maintenance grant: for traineeships above 3 months, as laid out here;
- Travel expenses: the cost of one return trip from the place of origin during the period of the traineeship will be reimbursed.;
- EUI card: allows the use of all EUI facilities (Library, Computer Rooms, Cafeteria, Gym, access to Public Seminars and Workshops, etc.);
- Canteen: the EUI covers the 40% of the cost of one lunch per day in the EUI Canteen;
- Health insurance: obligatory (at own initiative, or through the EUI) .
= please note the links refer explicitly to Researchers and Fellows but DO apply to Trainees as well (in which case health insurance matters will be dealt with by HR Service instead of Academic Service).