EUI-WiFi Configuration for GNU/Linux (Ubuntu)
The below guide has been tested on Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) with Network Manager 0.8.1.
Screenshots are taken from Ubuntu 10.10 thus may slightly differ from other versions and distros:
- Network Manager must be installed
1. Make sure that the Wi-Fi port is on and that left-clicking on the Network Manager icon you see the EUI-WiFi network available.
2. Click on EUI-WiFi. A new window with an authentication request will pop up. In the Authentication options choose PEAP. Type your EUI username in the username field and your password in the field below. Click on Connect.
3. In the following window that will appear, warning that no certificate has been chosen, click on Ignore.
4. After a few seconds the Network Manager icon will show that the Wi-Fi connection is active.
Documentation provided by Mattia Guidi, SPS Researcher.