The process of choosing the winning Haiku
Your Haiku were judged by a jury of five people from across the EUI community:
- Juho Harkonen, Professor, SPS
- Cristina Lafuente Martinez, Max Weber Fellow, ECO
- Nikita Divissenko, PhD researcher LAW
- Ana Maria Spariosu, PhD researcher, HEC
- Federica Signoriello, staff member, Library
All the Haiku were rendered anonymous by two members of the Haiku Organising Committee (Svitlana Lebedenko, Takuya Onoda, Nicola Hargreaves) before being sent to the jury. The third member of the committee only saw the Haiku after they had been made anonymous.
Each member of the jury read all of the anonymous Haiku, and ranked them within their category. They then met, together with the third member of the committee, to discuss, debate, and deliberate the Haiku they believed met the criteria of beauty and perceived authenticity.