The A2 course is addressed to learners with a basic knowledge of French who completed the A1 level during the last academic year or who were assigned to the A2 level after the placement test.
Newcomers are welcome!
EUI language courses are free for EUI PhD and LL.M. researchers, but most other EUI members have to pay a nominal fee. To check course fees click on total hours.
Listening & speaking skills
CEFR level: A2
All EUI members except for 1st year researchers
Time & Place
3 September-26 September
4 weeks / 14 hours
- Tuesday 13.00-15.00
- Thursday 13.00-15.00
Please note: No French classes take place on the 10th of September.
How this course works
The course includes work on the following
- Listening comprehension: listening and understanding audiovisual documents
- Improving pronunciation: French phonetic features
- Speaking skills: presentation on themes of participants’ choice; expressing personal opinions on simple subjects.
Activities in class include
- Communicative approach to stimulate speaking and understanding
- Task-based approach
- Error correction in groups and at class level
Course materials are provided by the teacher.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, students will be able
- have refreshed their knowledge of basic French
- be able to understand simple spoken French
- be able to speak French with acceptable pronunciation
- be able to participate in simple French conversations
- be more confident in speaking French