How this course works
The course includes work on the following
- Listening comprehension: listening and understanding audiovisual documents
- Improving pronunciation: French phonetic features
- Speaking skills: presentation on themes of participants’ choice; expressing personal opinions on simple subjects.
Activities in class include
- Communicative approach to stimulate speaking and understanding
- Task-based approach
- Error correction in groups and at class level
Course materials are provided by the teacher.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, students will be able
- have refreshed their knowledge of basic French
- be able to understand simple spoken French
- be able to speak French with acceptable pronunciation
- be able to participate in simple French conversations
- be more confident in speaking French
EUI language courses are free for EUI PhD and LL.M. researchers, but most other EUI members have to pay a nominal fee. To check course fees click on total hours.