How this course works
The course includes work on the following:
- repetition of the basic grammar and syntax
- expanding vocabulary through reading and speaking
In this course we work with various methods such as the cognitive, constructivist, audio-lingual/ audio-visual and communicative approach in order to train all the language skills (reading, listening, speaking, writing) and to suit the needs of different types of learners.
Activities in and out of class include:
- grammar and syntax exercises
- reading and writing short texts
- listening and speaking exercises (phonetics and intonation)
- conversations, discussions
- videoclips, online materials
Course materials are provided by the German teacher.
What you will learn
By the end of the course students will
- have refreshed their German knowledge after the summer break
- be prepared to start the B1 level
- be more confident in their already acquired German language competences
EUI language courses are free for EUI PhD and LL.M. researchers, but most other EUI members have to pay a nominal fee. To check course fees click on total hours.