How this course works
The course includes work on the following
- basic structures of Italian grammar: verbs (present tense), nouns and adjectives, articles, time adverbs, main prepositions (time and place)
- insights into Italian life and culture
- living in Florence: places, markets, museums, parks and gardens, etc.
Activities in class include
- controlled grammatical exercises
- small groupwork
- role play
- peer correction
- individual writing
Course materials are communicated by the Italian Unit.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, students will be able
- to use the language of daily routines and interact in basic communicative situations: to introduce themselves, to talk about their interests, preferences, habits, etc.
- to give the most important information about what they do, the reasons they are in Italy
- to talk about various aspects of their country (food, architecture, lifestyles, arts, sport, etc.)
- to read short and simple texts
- to use strategies to find information in materials used in everyday communication (programmes, menus, timetables, advertising, etc.)
- to write simple notes and short messages
This description refers to the general content of the A1 level and the teaching methodologies. The specific syllabus for each course covers part of this content according to the number of hours and the needs of the participants.