How this course works
The course includes work on the following
- revision of the main structures of Italian grammar: verbs (past tenses); articles; time adverbs; prepositions
- introduction of structures of Italian grammar and syntax: verbs (future and conditional); pronouns
- Italian life and culture
- living in Florence: places, markets, museums, parks and gardens, etc.
- expanding the vocabulary through reading and speaking
Activities in class include
- controlled grammatical exercises
- small groupwork
- role play
- peer correction
- individual writing
Course materials are communicated by the Italian Unit.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, students will be able
- to use the language of daily routines
- to give the most important information about what they do, the reasons why they are in Italy
- to talk about interests, preferences, and habits
- to talk about various aspects of their home country and town (food, architecture, lifestyles, arts, sport, etc.)
- to read simple texts
- to use strategies to find information in materials used in everyday communication (programmes, menus, timetables, advertising, etc.)
- to participate in basic conversations about work, studies, leisure, etc.
- to read short texts (fiction, journalism and essays)
- to write notes, messages and short stories/reviews
This description refers to the general content of the A2 level and the teaching methodologies. The specific syllabus for each course covers part of this content according to the number of hours and the needs of the participants.