No separate funding application is required.
The application for admission to the EUI doctoral programme is automatically an application for a national scholarship.
Candidates must be:
- Cypriot Citizens with permanent residence in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, or
- European Citizens with at least five year residence in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, or
- Third country nationals who are long-term residents in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
The candidate must hold a degree:
- awarded by a public or private university in Cyprus, or
- awarded by a registered private institution of tertiary education in Cyprus, with a programme of study accredited and evaluated by the relevant national authorities, or
- awarded abroad from an institution recognised by the relevant national authorities of the country where it operates.
It is pointed out that the Cyprus Grant Authority reserves the right not to offer any grants for a specific academic year. Therefore, filing an application at the EUI website does not necessarily mean that grant/s will be offered for the specific academic year. In order to get informed whether and/or how many grants will be offered by the Cyprus Grant Authority for a specific academic year, you may monitor the website of the Cyprus Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport and Youth and/or the Official Gazette of the Republic of Cyprus.
The Cyprus Funding Authority informs applicants that one (1) scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2023 – 2024.
The Cyprus Funding Authority informs applicants that no scholarships were offered for the academic year 2022 – 2023.
Grants and Allowances
Monthly grant: 1.280 €
Partner allowance: No
Travel allowance: No
The authority provides a monthly grant for the first three years of EUI Ph.D. Programme. The fourth year is covered by the EUI (2022 EUI fourth year grant is 1.380 € per month, in addition to other allowances).
Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth
Department of Higher Education
Tel: +35 7 22800616/7
Fax +35 7 22427560
Email: [email protected]