I have published on a range of topics covering first contacts, shamanism, religion, trade and objects, health and medicine, extractive industries, migration and human security.
- (forthcoming) Living with the Enemy: First Contacts and the Making of Christian Bodies in Amazonia. New York & Oxford: Berghahn Publishers.
- (2012) Animism in Rainforest and Tundra: Personhood, Animals and Non-humans in Contemporary Amazonia and Siberia. Co-editor with M. Brightman & O. Ulturgasheva. New York & Oxford: Berghahn Publishers.
- (in press, out 2015) Ownership and Nurture: Studies in Native Amazonian Property Relations. Co-editor with M. Brightman & C. Fausto. New York & Oxford: Berghahn Publishers.
- (in press, out spring 2016) 'Narrating the Invisible: Autobiography, Kinship and Alterity in Native Amazonia', co-authored with M. Brightman. Social Analysis, Special Issue edited by K. Swancutt & M. Mazard.
- (2014) 'Securitization, Alterity and the State: Human (In)Security on an Amazonian Frontier', co-authored with M. Brightman. Regions and Cohesion 4(3).
- (2012) ‘Happy with the Enemy: Kinship, Pacification and Corporeal Transformations in Trio Beer Feasts, Northeastern Amazonia’, Anthropology and Humanism 37(2).
- (2012) ‘The Wealth of the Body: Trade Relations, Objects and Personhood in Northeastern Amazonia’. Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Anthropology 18(1).
- (2010) ‘Nurturing the Other: Contact Expeditions and Inter-ethnic Relations in Northeastern Amazonia’, OSO, Tijdschrift voor Surinamistiek en het Caraïbisch Gebied 29(2).
- (2010) ‘The Other’s Other: Nurturing the Bodies of ‘Wild’ People Among the Trio of Southern Suriname’, co-authored with M. Brightman, Etnofoor 22(2).
- (2009) ‘Un Corps en Mouvement: Parenté, “Diffusion de l’Influence” et Transformations Corporelles dans les Fêtes de Bière Tirio, Amazonie du Nord-est’, Journal de la Société des Américanistes de Paris 91(1).
- (2013) ‘Christian Bodies, Other Bodies: Processes of Conversion and Transformation in Northeastern Amazonia’, in S. Botta (ed.) Manufacturing Otherness: Missions and Indigenous Cultures in Latin America, Newcastle upon Thyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- (2012) ‘Introduction: Shamanism, Ecology and Invisible Worlds: The Place of Non-humans in Indigenous Ontologies’, co-authored with M. Brightman & O. Ulturgasheva, in M. Brightman, V. Grotti & O. Ulturgasheva (eds) Animism in Rainforest and Tundra: Personhood, Animals and Non-humans in Contemporary Amazonia and Siberia. New York & Oxford: Berghahn Publishers.
- (2012) ‘Humanity, Personhood and Transformability in Northern Amazonia’, co-authored with M. Brightman, in M. Brightman, V. Grotti & O. Ulturgasheva (eds) Animism in Rainforest and Tundra: Personhood, Animals and Non-humans in Contemporary Amazonia and Siberia. New York & Oxford: Berghahn Publishers.
- (2011) ‘Like Scars on the Body’s Skin: The Display of Ancient Things in Trio Houses, Northeastern Amazonia’, in P. Fortis & I. Praet (eds) Exploring the Dangers and Virtues of Ancient Things. Special issue of the Journal of the Centre for Amerindian, Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
- (2009) ‘Protestant Evangelism and the Transformability of Amerindian Bodies in Northern Amazonia’, in A. Vilaça & R. Wright (eds) Native Christians: Modes and Effects of Christianity Among Indigenous Peoples of the Americas. London: Ashgate.
- (2012) ‘Review of Vilaça, Aparecida (2010) Strange Enemies: Indigenous Agency and Scenes of Encounters in Amazonia. Duke University Press (Durham and London)’, Bulletin of Latin American Research 31(4).