Posted on 03 July 2020
The EUI Library further supports Open Access to academic research output through specific 'tranformative agreements' with publishers that waive the Open Access publishing fees for EUI authors.
This type of ‘transformative agreements', established by the national Italian consortium CRUI-CARE, allow EUI-member authors to make their articles available in Open Access at no cost, without paying any individual Article Processing Charge (APC).
From 1 July 2020, agreements with following publishers are available to members of the EUI academic community:
Cambridge University Press (CUP)
- Type of agreement: publishing fees fully waived
- Coverage: all CUP journals
- Duration: 3 years – 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022
- More details for authors will be available soon.
- Type of agreement: 'read & publish' - publishing fees fully waived
- Coverage: More than 1,850 Springer hybrid journals: Hybrid journal list (XLSX download)
- Duration: 5 years - 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2024
- Guide for authors (PDF download)
Corresponding authors should use an EUI email when submitting an article.
If you submit from within your institution’s IP range, you will be recognised as eligible based on your location. It is always best to submit from the EUI network
The Library agreement also offers reading access to the journals provided by CUP and Springer.
- Type of agreement: allows currently for a 15 % discount (2020) on APCs
Discount rates applied:
- 20% (2018 & 2019)
- 15% (2020 & 2021)
- 10% (2022)
- Coverage: Elsevier journals with an Open Access option.
- Duration: 5 years contract (2018-2022)
Other transformative agreements are currently being negotiated with other publishers.
For more information contact [email protected] and the Library OA Publishing Agreements page