To celebrate the International Open Access Week, the EUI Library organises every year a series of events with EUI departments and their members as well as EUI Alumni, to discuss and raise awareness on topics related to the value and practice of Openness in academia. Discussions also touch on funding opportunities to publish in Open Access and the importance of developing a researcher online identity and presence.This year the theme is Community over Commercialization and the Open Access Week takes place 23-29 October 2023. This theme encourages a candid conversation about which approaches to open scholarship prioritize the best interests of the public and the academic community—and which do not.The official twitter (X) hashtag for the week is #OAWeek.
Presentation '20 years of Cadmus 2003-2023: a service of the EUI Library' by Lotta Svantesson, Open Science Office Coordinator, EUI LibraryPanel Openness and Transparency in Social Sciences and Humanities Research
- The EUI Open Access Roundtable on Monday 23 October, 11.00-12.30 - Badia Fiesolana, Emeroteca and Zoom (recorded)
- What advice would you give to early career researchers looking to share their research via Open Access?
- How would you characterize, from your personal and disciplinary perspective, the benefits of Open Access?
- Which would you consider the main challenges for Open Access? Did you have any doubts about publishing in Open Access?
- Research data are increasingly included in academic portfolios, listed alongside publications, at times shared openly, certainly cited when possible. From your experience, how is this evolving in your field?
Presentation 'Transparency, Reproducibility and Impact: Placing Open Science Into Practice', Simone Sacchi, Open Science Librarian, EUI LibraryMore information
- Introduction to Open Science on Wednesday 25 October, 14.00-15.30 - Badia, Sala Del Capitolo and Zoom (recorded)
EUI Library Blog posts on Open Access
EUI Open Access Week Blog Post
Celebrating 20 years of Cadmus, EUI Research Repository
- Submit as many of your publications for inclusion as possible in Open Access to [email protected]
EUI OA Milestones
Page last updated on 25 October 2023