Grant Information for Estonia/Eesti
No separate grant application is required. The application for admission to the EUI doctoral programme is automatically an application for a national grant. The grant awarding authority requires candidates to submit a mandatory statement together with their EUI online application.
- The Estonian Grant Awarding Authority (Foundation Archimedes Education Agency) requires candidates to complete and sign this statement and motivation letter [download tempate]. A scanned PDF copy of the duly completed and signed statement must be attached to the EUI Online Application Form: Please use the CV field to upload the PDF document, as a separate file in addition to your CV.
- The scholarship can be awarded to the citizens of Estonia, citizens of the European Union member states staying in Estonia with permanent residence and persons staying in Estonia with long-term residence permit, who have been accepted to the doctoral studies of the Institute within the framework of the quota allocated to Estonia
Grant and Allowances
- Monthly grant: 1.080 EUR starting with the 2018-19 new Ph.D. researchers intake.
- Travel allowance: 360 EUR per one trip, maximum 2 trips per year
- Family allowance: monthly child support for under-age children and child’s travel costs are remunerated (maximum 2 trips per year)
- Insurance: no
- Conference allowance: during studies one visit to professional conference is remunerated
The Grant Authority provides a monthly grant for the first three years of EUI Ph.D. Programme. The fourth year is covered by the EUI (2019 grant is 1,335 per month, in addition to other allowances).
For specific conditions and rules read guidelines in Estonian.