Software for Personally-owned Devices
Some standard software may be available to Researchers, Fellows, Academic and Administrative Staff including Trainees  to install on their personally-owned and/or EUI computers : click to find out if you are eligibile!
Below you can find a table with the list of software made available by the EUI: clicking on a software name in the first column will provide further details on the software.
In order to activate and/or install the software, you may need first to sign a License Agreement (EULA): check Terms and Conditions further below for details.
The software is made available in different ways depending on licensing conditions: direct download, EUI Digital Delivery platform, by hand via ICT Service staff or your Unit's asdministrative coordinator:
- In order to activate and/or install some of the software, you need first to sign a License Agreement (EULA):
- Researchers and Fellows can obtain the EULA from Portable Device Support or from their local ICT User Support office: please note Stata can be obtained at Portable Device Support Badia main desk ONLY!
- Academic and Administrative Staff should contact their local ICT User Support office instead.
- Licenses are usually valid for one year and renewal before expiry is the user's responsibility.
- As per Acceptable Use Policy any EUI-provided software must be uninstalled once affiliation to the Institute ceases (Alumni are NOT eligible for ANY software).
- ICT Service will run random checks and remotely revoke licenses from devices of non-eligibile users without prior notice: the EUI can not be held responsible nor liable for any loss of data following such an event.
- Support for installation is provided solely by Portable Device Support and/or directly by the software company.
- Support for troubleshooting and tutoring is provided solely by the Research Software Tutors.
- The ICT User Support is merely distributing the software and/or collecting the signed license forms and is not allowed to provide any technical assistance on personally-owned equipment.
= The EUI software is not available to Alumni, Guests (including Library Guest Readers), Partners, Visitors and Retired Staff.
= For the purpose of this document, External Collaborators and Contractors are equivalent to Academic and Administrative Staff
= For the software to be made available on EUI desktop computers, please check eligibility first.
= Online computation ONLY.
= Available to LAW and SPS Researchers ONLY.
= Available to ECO and SPS Researchers ONLY.
= Stata SE is available to Researchers and Fellows ONLY! Academic and Administraive Staff should contact the EUI4U Helpdesk instead.
Page last updated on 07 February 2023