What are we doing?
The ICT Web Unit is committed to ensuring an optimal experience for all users on our Institutional website.
We have taken several measures to achieve this:
- The ICT Web Unit provides tools and workflows to support accessible web pages
- We offer accessibility guidance and training to the EUI Web Working Group
- We have developed an internal design system of reusable components that have been holistically tested for accessibility
- We use our own accessibility checks for automated testing of everything we build
- The members of the ICT Web Unit have a professional background that includes experience with Web accessibility
For more information and suggestions, contact:
Web Accessibility Statement
This is an accessibility statement for the European University Institute Institutional website.
Measures to support accessibility
For our main websites, we:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement
- Include accessibility throughout our web-related workflows (EUI Web Working Group)
- Provide training and promote best practices for our web editors
- Define clear accessibility goals and responsibilities
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The EUI website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Accessibility of European University Institute relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
We have assessed the accessibility of our website by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 3 March 2022