No separate funding application is required.
The application for admission to the EUI doctoral programme is automatically an application for a national scholarship.
Candidates must be:
- Cypriot Citizens with permanent residence in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, or
- European Citizens with at least five year residence in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, or
- Third country nationals who are long-term residents in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
The candidate must hold a degree:
- awarded by a public or private university in Cyprus, or
- awarded by a registered private institution of tertiary education in Cyprus, with a programme of study accredited and evaluated by the relevant national authorities, or
- awarded abroad from an institution recognised by the relevant national authorities of the country where it operates.
Grants and Allowances
Monthly grant: 1.440 €
Partner allowance: No
Travel allowance: No
The authority provides a monthly grant for the first three years of EUI Ph.D. Programme. The fourth year is covered by the EUI (2024 EUI fourth year grant is 1.505 € per month, in addition to other allowances).
Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth
Department of Higher Education
Tel: +35 7 22800616/7
Fax +35 7 22427560
Email: [email protected]