No separate funding application is required when applying for admission to the EUI doctoral programme.
A separate invitation call is later opened by the Research Council of Finland for those accepted to the EUI.
- Candidates who are Finnish nationals are eligible.
- Candidates who hold dual nationality (of which one is Finnish) may apply once they have completed, or are in the process of completing, a Master's degree at a Finnish University.
- Candidates who are not Finnish nationals may apply once they have completed, or are in the process of completing, a Master's degree at a Finnish University.
Candidates must fulfill the minimum degree requirement (Ylempi korkeakoulututkinto/högre högskoleexamen or equivalent foreign degree) by the deadline established by the Research Council of Finland. This deadline is indicatively scheduled in May. The Research Council of Finland will communicate its exact deadline to the candidates who are selected for admission to the EUI PhD programme.
For specific conditions and rules read guidelines in Finnish.
Grants and Allowances
- Monthly grant: 2.200€ (incl. MELA social insurance payment) if the researcher is not receiving any other funding
- If researcher has under-age children, the grant is 2.600 € (incl. MELA social insurance payment), if the researcher is not receiving any other funding.
- Researcher's and accompanying family members' travel costs are also remunerated.
- The grant sums awarded take account of the grant recipients obligation to take out pension, accident and life insurance.
- The researcher may also request remuneration for certain indispensable research costs not covered by other sources (e.g. data collection, equipment, access to data).
The Funding Authority provides a monthly grant for the first three years of EUI Ph.D. Programme. The fourth year is covered by the EUI (2024 EUI grant amount is 1,505 EUR per month, in addition to other allowances).
Scientific Council for Social Sciences and Humanities
The Research Council of Finland
guidelines in Finnish
Research Council of Finland
Tel. +358 29 533 5047
E-mail: [email protected]