Recently, our world has been hit with crisis after crisis. The COVID-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine have resulted in a high human toll and impacted global energy and food security. But we must not lose sight of the challenges related to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
We are in the code red for humanity. We need to act – now. Following the stark warnings of the scientific community over the past years, the latest IPCC report on Mitigation of Climate Change underlines, with unprecedented urgency, the importance of our actions in the next few years. Countries, cities, businesses and financial institutions have a critical role to play.
This conference will focus on the investments needed to attain net zero emissions and the EU’s global leadership in mobilising the necessary climate finance.
- Ambroise Fayolle, EIB Vice-President Ambroise Fayolle
- Alexander Stubb, Director of the School of Transnational Governance at the European University Institute
- Raina al-Mashat, Minister of International Cooperation of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- Francesco Starace, CEO & General Manager at Enel Francesco Starace, and Chairman
- Michael Liebreich, Chairman & CEO of Liebreich Associates
The discussions will explore the best practices in the areas of energy transition and innovation, which are critical for addressing the challenges associated with climate change. The conference will also feature a special session on the upcoming COP27 in Egypt and explore the role of various stakeholders in making the conference a success.
Register for the conference.