ACE BRAIN is a joint initiative of the University of Rome 3, the Catholic University of Milan, the Ugo Bordoni Foundation and the European University Institute. The project received funding for five years from the Algorand Foundation.
During the event, convened by European Parliament’s Vice President Eva Kaili, leading experts and policymakers from EU institutions and national governments will discuss key themes such as:
- the evolution of blockchains towards more sustainable models,
- challenges and opportunities in emerging forms of blockchain governance,
- the compatibility of blockchains with EU legislation,
- possible applications for the Single Market, with focus i.a. on digital identity, digital wallets and data spaces,
- the role of experimental regulation (e.g. regulatory sandboxes) to test new blockchain-based business models in controlled environment, favoring innovation.
Participation in the event is by invitation only. A livestream to observe the event will be available on the website in due course.
For any further information, please contact Professor Andrea Renda.