- I am unable to login, what shall I do?
- I am on a paying line, can the helpdesk call me back?
- I do not receive any email notifications from the Helpdesk after opening and/or updating a ticket, what shall I do?
- I am not a member of the EUI, can I login to the EUI Helpdesk portal?
- What do the various Actions in the Ticket History mean?
- I didn't get any follow up to my ticket for several days, what should I do?
- My ticket has been cancelled, why?
- What do the different Statuses indicate?
- What does Third Party mean?
- What happened to tickets opened on the previous portal?
Q1: I am unable to login, what shall I do?
A1: EUI members should login either via their EUI username OR EUI email address. Non-EUI users have to self-register first. If you still have problems, contact the helpdesk by phone at [+39] 055 4685 600 (ext. 2600).
Q2: I am on a paying line, can the helpdesk call me back?
A2: Of course, just let our helpdesk operators know and make sure to provide a time and a phone number where they can contact you.
Q3: I do not receive any email notifications from the EUI Helpdesk after opening and/or updating a ticket, what shall I do?
A3: Please check your Junk Mail / Anti-spam folder in your mailbox. If you find the mail there, highlight the EUI Helpdesk reply, right-click on it and select Junk > Never block sender then move the mail into your Inbox. If the mail is still missing, please report it to the helpdesk.
Q4: I am not a member of the EUI, can I login to the EUI Helpdesk portal?
A4: Yes, but you will first need to self-register to the portal in order to create a proper EUI helpdesk account by clicking on the "New non-EUI user? Please register here." link on the portal's login page.
Q5: What do the various Actions in the Ticket History mean?
A5: see below:
- Submitted refers to the opening (creation) of the ticket
- Edited refers to the editing of the original support request
- Taken Over refers to the request being taken in charge by the helpdesk and/or technical unit
- Reasssigned to Helpdesk refers to a ticket being reassigned to the Helpdesk by a technical unit
- Requested Info refers to additional information to be provided to Helpdesk by the author or Third Party
- Information Provided refers to additional information provided to the Helpdesk by the author or third Party
- User Updated refers to the Helpdesk updating the author of the ticket
- Info Added refers to additional information provided by the author via Reply to Helpdesk action
- Task Assigned refers to the ticket being assigned to the operational technical unit
- Task Initiated / Completed / Suspended / Not Executable refers to the action(s) carried out by the technical units
- Solution Proposed [with Feedback] refers to the Helpdesk informing the author of a proposed solution to be accepted or refused
- Solution Provided [without Feedback] refers to a tciket being closed not needing acceptance or refusal by the author
- Solution Accepted / Refused refers to the author's feedback on the Proposed Solution
- Cancelled refers to the cancellation of a ticket
- Authorisation Requested refers to a ticket being submitted for approval to the relevant manager
- Request Authorised / Refused refers to the approval/refusal of the submitted request by the manager
Q6: I didn't get any follow up to my ticket for several days, what should I do?
A5: You can always post a reply to the existing ticket asking for proper follow up by using the Action Reply to Helpdesk (either on the Portal or via ticket mail notification). If you still receive no update, report to the Helpdesk Manager for a complaint.
Q7: My ticket has been Cancelled, why?
A7: The Ticket Cancellation Notification always specifies the reason for the cancellation. Tipically this may be because the request is not covered by the EUI Helpdesk and/or the Services involved (Real Estate and Facilities or ICT Service).
Q8: What do the different statuses indicate?
A8: see below:
- Open = ticket has been submitted and received by the Helpdesk.
- Assigned = ticket has been assigned to the technical unit in charge of processing it
- In Progress = ticket is being processed by the operator in charge
- Task Completed = ticket has been processed by the operator in charge
- Pending User / Third Party = Helpdesk is awaiting additional info from the author / Third Party
- Resolved = ticket has been resolved and closed
- Cancelled = ticket has been cancelled (i.e. not pertinent to the EUI Helpdesk, see Question 7).
Q9: What does Third Party mean?
A9: Third Party is either an external consultant and/or an internal technical unit not belonging to the Services involved in the EUI Helpdesk (e.g. Communications, Library, etc.).
Q10: What happened to tickets opened on the previous portal?
- Tickets submitted or still open AFTER 1 January 2018, have been exported into the new Helpdesk platform.
- Tickets submitted BEFORE 1 January 2018 and already closed, archived or rejected on the old platform, will not be accessible anymore.
Page last updated on 28 March 2018