Support for Access to and Use of Sensitive Data at the EUI
- Some data issuers require the EUI to guarantee extra security for access to, and use of, sensitive data
- EUI members who require support with contract workflow, infrastructure requirements and data management plans, should proceed as follows:
▪ Write to [email protected] providing:
▪ Name of data issuer/publisher
▪ Title of dataset, with internet link (if available)
▪ Names of all EUI project participants, with email contacts
▪ Details of access to, and use of, the data required:
○ Does the data issuer require a contract with the individual end-user(s)?
○ Does the data issuer require an institutional EUI contract ('guarantor') and/or signature of the EUI Data Protection Officer?
○ Are there special conditions regarding access to the data (eg. remote protocol)?
○ Are there special conditions regarding use of the data at the EUI?
○ Does the data issuer require that the data be used on a stand-alone, off-line computer?
○ Does the data issuer require that the data be used in the EUI's secured data room (VLF)?
○ Will any external project collaborators be working with the data?
○ Are any other requirements stipulated by the data issuer?
▪ Some data providers require EUI Ethics Committee approval and/or DPO oversight. The Principal Investigator should initiate the request(s)
▪ For data which is financed by EUI Departmental or Centre budgets, the local Financial Manager should be informed
▪ If required by the data issuer, the ICT Data Security Officer can provide a description of ICT security protocols and infrastructure
▪ EUI members who require a secured room - or dedicated PC - to access and use data, should contact their local Departmental / Centre Administrator.
Page last updated on 12 July 2021