Funding Information for Cyprus/Kypros
No separate funding application is required. The application for admission to the EUI doctoral programme is automatically an application for a national scholarship.
Candidates must be:
- (a) Cypriot Citizens with permanent residence in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, or
- (b) European Citizens with at least five year residence in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, or
- (c) Third country nationals who are long-term residents in the areas under the effective control of the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
The candidate must hold a degree:
- (a) awarded by a public or private university in Cyprus, or
- (b) awarded by a registered private institution of tertiary education in Cyprus, with a programme of study accredited and evaluated by the relevant national authorities, or
- (c) awarded abroad from an institution recognised by the relevant national authorities of the country where it operates.
Grant and Allowances
- Monthly grant: 1.280 EUR
- Partner allowance: no
- Travel allowance: no
The authority provides a monthly grant for the first three years of EUI Ph.D. Programme. The fourth year is covered by the EUI (2021 grant is 1,365 EUR per month, in addition to other allowances).
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport and Youth
Department of Higher Education
Page last updated on 29 October 2020