Posted on 30 October 2019
This is to remind you that the Institute and the EUI Library will be closed for All Saints’ /All Souls’ Day on Friday 1 and Saturday 2 November.
During the closure EUI members will be able to access all EUI buildings (including the internal car parks) using their EUI ID card.
Please take note of the following:
- Doors are alarmed;
- Doors fitted with access control have no handles and can therefore be opened only by swiping your EUI ID card in the reader when entering or leaving through these access points;
- Anti-panic doors are alarmed and therefore, to avoid sounding the alarm, you must swipe your EUI ID card in the reader when entering or leaving through these access points.
- Off-hours access gates might differ from daytime and/or working days; detailed maps with highlighted access points are available at the following links:
- Badia Fiesolana (including Villa Paola and Villa Sanfelice)
- Villa Schifanoia (including Villino and Casale)
- Villa Raimondi
- Convento San Domenico
- Villa il Poggiolo
- Villa la Fonte
- Villa Salviati
Researchers can access the working spaces in the upper cloister of the Badia Fiesolana and the working spaces in the upper Gallery of Villa Salviati. Bathrooms and vending machines in the Badia bank corridor and near the VSA Social room will be open for use: please note that cleaning services will be operational only in these areas.
The multi-function printers located in working spaces are monitored remotely and the technician is authorized to intervene in case of blocking issues.
The ICT Service would like to inform users that during the closure all systems relating to the web, internet, VPN and home directories will be monitored. The webmail service will be always reachable from this link https://outlook.office365.com
Tickets opened on the EUI Helpdesk will not be treated during the closure, they will be assigned and processed only at the reopening of the Institute on 4 November.
Concerning safety and security matters, security staff are present in the control room at the Badia Fiesolana 24/7 and can be reached for any emergencies at extension 2999, via the external number 055 4685-999 or by email to [email protected].
They are responsible for contacting relevant technical assistance or EUI staff for any action that is deemed necessary.
For further information, please refer to the EUI Access Policy.