The Linz-Rokkan Prize in Political Sociology
The Department of Political and Social Sciences at the European University Institute has instituted this Prize in honour of two great postwar political sociologists, the late Stein Rokkan and the late Juan Linz.
The Prize is awarded annually for the best EUI thesis in a field of political sociology engaging with a theme in the broadly defined fields of work of Juan Linz and Stein Rokkan.
The Prize has been sponsored by Professor Richard Rose, holder of a Honoris Causa Degree from the European University Institute, and a founding father of postwar political science in Europe.
The first prize was conferred in 2011.
Rules Governing the Awarding of the Linz-Rokkan Prize
- Period considered: the 24 months preceding 31 March of the year of conferral
- Departmental thesis proposals to the committee by 1 April
- Decision by mid-April
- 2021: Shpend Kursani, SPS Department
- 2020: Björn Bremer, SPS Department
- 2019: Marco Valbruzzi, SPS Department
- 2018: Juan Masullo Jiménez, SPS Department
- 2017: Charlotte M. Haberstroh, SPS Department
- 2016: Anne auf dem Brinke, SPS Department
- 2015: Raphael J. Reinke, SPS Department
- 2014: Johan Christensen, SPS Department
- 2013: Edoardo Bressanelli, SPS Department
- 2012: Theresa Kuhn, SPS Department
- 2011: Ilias Ntinas, SPS Department
Page last updated on 06 October 2021