1. A cover letter (up to 2-3 pages), which describes your research, your academic trajectory, and your personal (professional and non-professional) circumstances following the war in Ukraine.
2. Your CV, including a list of publications
2. Supporting material: The supporting material should provide evidence of the quality of the applicant’s academic work, and can include a research proposal, English-language publications, working papers, or a dissertation or dissertation chapters.
The application form will also ask you to indicate whether you would be interested in any of the Interdisciplinary Research Clusters or not.
- There is no advantage in indicating fit with a cluster. Candidates will be selected according to the Selection Criteria and Selection Procedure and only subsequently will we allocate them to suitable clusters.
- Please use standard international fonts, do not use macros, special characters, password-protection, electronic signatures or logos.
Letters of Reference:
- Applicants are asked to provide the names of two or three academic referees, and the referees can submit their reference letter online. We understand, however, that due to the exceptional circumstances, referees may have difficulties in submitting, and applications are accepted also without reference letters.
Your referees will be contacted and will be allowed to submit the reference after you have completed and registered the first step of the online application form including the names and contact details of referees. This is possible any time and you do not yet need to submit the final version of your application at that time.
When you register your referees' contact details in the online application form, an email requesting a reference on your behalf is automatically sent to the referees you have nominated. Nevertheless, it is your responsibility to contact referees directly to inform them of your request, to verify that they have received the email request. Please note that reference letters can be submitted by the registered referees either before or after you have submitted your application. Registered referees may also submit the reference letter by email, contacting: [email protected]
Notes for Referees
Once the candidate has registered the details of his/her referees, each referee will receive an e-mail with access details for submitting the reference letter online.
- References should be submitted as PDF files. Please use standard international fonts, do not use macros, special characters, password-protection, electronic signatures or logos.
- Do not send a hard copy.
- You may write in a language other than English, but English will guarantee the widest possible reading.
- If in doubt or if you prefer to submit your reference letter by email, please contact: [email protected]