The Data Protection Committee assists the President, the Secretary General and the Data Protection Officer in fundamental issues concerning compliance of the processing of personal data according to the Decision of the President No. 10 of 18 February 2019 regarding data protection at the EUI.
- The Internal Auditor: Lukasz Wieczerzak (alternate: Dieter Schlenker, Historical Archives of the EU)
- A Professor from the Law Department nominated for a period of 3 years by the Executive Committee upon the proposal of the Head of the Law Department: Martijn Hesselink (alternate: Giovanni Sartor)
- The Dean of Graduate Studies: Claire Kilpatrick (alternate: Anton Hemerijck, Director of Research, Department of Political and Social Sciences)
- A member of staff nominated by the Staff Committee for a period of 3 years: Aurélie Boursier, LAW (alternate: Lorenzo Ortiz Jimenez (Library)
- A researcher nominated by the Researcher Representatives for a period of 2 years: Theodora Kostoula (LAW). Alternate: Elena Pisanelli (SPS)
- A staff member with knowledge of data protection: Mario Viola de Azevedo Cunha, RSCAS (alternate: Antoaneta Tasheva, Internal Audit Office)
The Committee’s composition, tasks and voting rules are set forth, more in detail, in Articles 24, 25 and 26 of President Decision 10/2019.