The opinion of the Joint Advisory Committee on professional incompetence shall be sought for the application of Article 51 of the Staff Regulations concerning dismissal for incompetence.
- The Committee shall comprise a Chair and at least two members, who shall be permanent staff members
- The Chair and the members shall be appointed for a period of three years
- Half of the members shall be designated by the Staff Committee and half by the Appointing Authority
- The Chair shall be appointed by the Appointing Authority from a list of candidates drawn up in concertation with the Staff Committee
- The Joint Advisory Committee shall as far as possible include two further members from the same function group and of the same or a higher grade as the staff member in question, designated in the same way as the permanent members.