As a private citizen, there are ways in which you can support Ukraine and its citizens.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of local (in Ukraine, Poland, and Slovakia) and international crowdfunding initiatives, prioritising public institutions, those selected by Ukrainian nationals, and those active on the ground in Ukraine and neighbouring countries, in order to respond to academic and humanitarian needs:
- The Ukrainian Health Ministry (in partnership with the local Red Cross) is raising funds to help doctors in the country. More information is available here
- The Lviv Centre for Urban History has put together different initiatives
- The Warsaw School of Economics has carried out several response initiatives that needs further support
- Clovek vohrozeni (Slovak NGO), that collects material aid and financial aid, support people fleeing the war with first aid and accommodation
- Region of Tuscany: Crowdfunding initiative for the people of Ukraine
- Associazione Ucraina – Firenze "LILEA" Onlus (Ukraine Association – Florence “LILEA” Registered Charity): Crowdfunding initiative for ambulances in Ukraine supported by the Honorary Consulate of Ukraine in Florence (IT11X0103002818000000677579)
- Scholars at Risk has put out a call for financial support for Ukrainian academics
- The International Red Cross responds to urgent humanitarian needs.
- UN Crisis Relief (UN Humanitarian Fund) making funds directly and immediately available to a wide range of partner organisations at the front lines of response.
- Food and clothing banks
- The EUI Ukraine Solidarity Initiative brings together members of the EUI community wishing to provide both immediate and long-term support. The group meets on Zoom every Friday at 11AM. Contact Maciej Krogel to get involved and to obtain the link to participate in the Zoom call.
- Contact the EUI Refugee Initiative to find out how to contribute
- Spread the information related to existing scholarship schemes in support of Ukrainian scholars.