The event at De Warande, Brussels brings together European policymakers, NGOs, media organisations, academics and tech companies to collaborate and share knowledge around tackling misinformation. STG Director Alexander Stubb and new Adjunct Professor Florian Eder are both on the summit’s programme.
Other speakers include:
- Vera Jourová, Vice President for Values and Transparency, European Commission
- Jon Ronson, non-fiction author and documentary maker
- Krisztina Stump, Head of Unit, Media Convergence and Social Media, European Commission
- Tali Sharot, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London
- Rasmus Kleis Nielsen, Director, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism
Throughout the day there will be plenty of networking opportunities, along with group discussions covering topics such as:
- How do we balance the threats of misinformation with the right to free speech?
- Should media literacy be on the school curriculum across Europe?
- How can we quantify the effectiveness of misinformation interventions?
These sessions will be an opportunity to collaborate with speakers, other delegates and subject matter experts who will be involved in the afternoon programme.
In-person attendees are invited to join us for breakfast before participating in morning breakout sessions, followed by an afternoon of world-class speakers and a final drinks reception.
After lunch, participate as a member of the studio audience in the live and interactive broadcast programme, where we will hear from expert speakers on ideas and tactics to reduce the impact of misinformation.
If you can’t attend in-person, then join us virtually in the afternoon to participate in the live broadcast programme from 13:00 CET
In-person spaces are limited, so please book your space as soon as possible if you would like to attend.