EUI Executive Education continues to flourish, with a noticeable surge in participants and courses over the past two years. Since its inaugural executive training course in 2004, the Institute has successfully trained over 23,000 professionals from approximately 160 nationalities through an array of over 580 courses. In 2023 alone, it has offered an executive training course every three days and has trained more than 6,000 policy professionals. EUI Executive Education is led by Professor Georgios Papakonstantinou, EUI Dean of Executive Education.
In 2024, the Institute will reconfirm its commitment to and investment in executive education. Thanks to the dedication of staff and faculty, the EUI offers more than 40 executive training courses open to interested candidates. These courses, delivered in various formats across 11 areas of expertise, are designed to meet the diverse needs of policy professionals seeking to advance their careers.
Whether prospective applicants aim to enhance their communication and negotiation skills, formulate effective global policy regulations, enhance their leadership skills through agile governing frameworks, deepen their understanding of AI, or enrich their knowledge in finance, EUI Executive Education offers a results-driven learning experience alongside unique networking opportunities.
- Open courses: trainers include top-tier academics and practitioners, such as José Manuel Barroso, former European Commission President, Jelena Dzankic, Director of the Global Citizenship Observatory, Arancha Gonzales Laya, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Spain, and Bengt Holmström, 2016 Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics. All courses, both in-residence and online, empower mid-career and senior professionals to advance their careers while maintaining a balance with their work commitments.
Explore all executive courses
- The EUI Global Executive Master (GEM): the new two-year, part-time blended programme is designed to allow working policy professionals to delve into cutting-edge policy issues across four specialisations ('Energy and Climate', 'Economy and Finance', 'Tech and Governance', 'Geopolitics and Security') with a unique global perspective through state-of-the-art online learning and support tools.
Find out more about the EUI GEM
- The Executive Certificate in European and Transnational Governance: this executive certificate is a unique opportunity to learn at discounted prices at the seven leading European academic and research institutions of the European and Transnational Governance Network (ETGN): Central European University, College of Europe in Bruges and Natolin, Florence School of Transnational Governance, Hertie School, Institut National du Service Public, and SDA Bocconi School of Management.
Learn more about the ETGN
- Free online courses by the European Digital Media Observatory (EDMO) offer participants new insights on countering disinformation and fact-checking.
- Tailored trainings: The EUI will establish new collaborations with clients, partners, and donors, building upon existing agreements with national, European, and international institutions, such as the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, European Commission, and the United Nations. This commitment aims to enhance donor-funded engagements and create "fit for purpose" tailored executive trainings that help organisations address new policy challenges.
Apply now and become part of a transformative learning experience, contributing to the advancement of public policy on a global scale.
Download the 2024 Executive Education Catalogue