In light of the anti-COVID measures taken by the Italian government and at the European University Institute, the reading room is open to the public at the usual business hours Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 17.00 under the following temporary conditions:
1) Users must contact the HAEU prior to their visit and inform the Archives about the provisional date and time of their arrival and departure.
2) A maximum of six users at a time will be admitted in the reading room.
3) Users must wear protective masks at all time in the building and follow the security and safety instructions given by the Service Desk and reading room assistants.
4) We advise users to prepare a list of files for consultation beforehand by searching the HAEU online inventories.
5) Users must comply with the specific conditions for travelling to Italy from abroad, which may be consulted on this page.
To request access to the HAEU reading room, please contact:
Historical Archives of the European Union
European University Institute
Archives Users Service Desk
Villa Salviati, Via Bolognese 156, I - 50139 Florence
Tel: (+39) 055 4685 649, Email: [email protected]