Posted on 11 April 2020
In view of the measures taken to contain COVID19, we would like to announce that:
- The Library will be closed to all users until 3 May;
- Access to electronic resources is available from off-campus. Find more information on the ICT guide about working off-campus;
- Starting on Wednesday 15 April, the Library will reopen a weekly book loan service, from 10.00 to 16.00. A hold can be placed on printed items through the catalogue; they can be picked up once confirmation has been received. All sanitary rules will be implemented to preserve the wellbeing of members of the community. If you have to come to the Library, make sure to carry with you the Hold Pickup Notice, the self-certification form, your EUI Card, the ID Card from the Italian Foreign Affairs Ministry if you have one, as well as the relevant explanatory statement from the same ministry.
- A digital copy of a book section or journal article can also be requested. Futher details can be found here.
- Book loans and the pick-up date for books on hold will continue to be prolonged until the end of the lockdown period;
- All ordering of printed books has ceased until further notice. Users are welcome to suggest the purchase of eBooks. If they urgently need a book for which there is no suitable eBook available, their request will be delayed until ordering of print books starts again or the physical Library has reopened.
- Library staff is on duty providing services and can be contacted by email. All online forms such as the electronic resources Access problem report form continue to be monitored;
- All Research Skills sessions are cancelled.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries – keep an eye on our website and social media channels for more news and tutorials.