Head of Department
The Economics Department is staffed by full-time and part-time professors. Full-time faculty are appointed by the EUI initially for five years and can be renewed for another three years.
Other Joint Chairs
Each year the Department hires part-time professors from leading universities. In addition to the full-time faculty, the part-time professors give a wide range of advanced and specialised graduate courses to first and second-year researchers.
- Arpad Abraham, University of Bristol (September - December 2020)
- Tiziano Arduini, University of Bologna (September - November 2020)
- Piero Gottardi, University of Essex (September - December 2020)
- Leonardo Melosi, Federal Reserve Bank, Chicago (September 2020 - June 2021)
- Alexander Monge-Naranjo, Federal Reserve Bank, Chicago (September - December 2020)
- Arthur Schram, University of Amsterdam, (September 2020 - August 2021)
- Antonio Villanacci, Università di Firenze (September - November 2020)
Director of Graduate Studies
Prof. Russell Cooper is the Economics Department’s Director of Graduate Studies (DGS). He is responsible for organising the course programme.