We make sense of the evolving relationship between Artificial Intelligence and Democracy.
While there is currently little knowledge about what a future technological environment based on robotisation, digitalisation and automation will look like, the Chair on Artificial Intelligence and Democracy rigorously studies the potential impact of these technologies on democratic politics.
- We develop a global forum for reflection and debate on AI and democracy, with an interdisciplinary approach and from the perspective of political philosophy.
- We build an ambitious, inter-disciplinary research agenda by leading research, transfer, and dissemination activities to raise awareness on matters related to artificial intelligence and democracy.
- We train and equip policymakers and other stakeholders with the knowledge and tools they will need to ensure that the benefits of AI are widely shared, and its risks mitigated.
- We create a global network of research institutions and think tanks to increase impact and incorporate new perspectives from across the globe.
- We connect with Latin America to understand the region’s approaches to the impact of AI on democratic systems and to foster the exchange of knowledge, experiences and best practices.